Monday, June 8, 2009

My little TayTay

Since Shelby's fake post about Taylor's birthday promised details, I guess I better come up with something.  I love this little girl. 

I am excited that she is five and will be going into kindergarten.  She is quite independent and will love doing the big kid stuff.  I took her to have lunch with Brady in the cafeteria a few times before school ended and she was enthralled by all the choices (although the spaghetti is YUCKY!)  For her birthday she brought Krispy Kremes to her preschool class and then we went to a Cardinals game that night.  But the biggest hit of the day was the pink scooter her best friend Mason got her. 

She is just happy to ride that little thing up and down our driveway and the sidewalk in front of our house.  She thinks she will be riding it to school next year, but she must have me confused with the mommy who isn't yelling at her kids every morning to get in the car because we are late.  Poor girl.  Some things I love about Taylor are:

I love that she wants to smell everything.  Especially since I do not have a sense a smell.  Everyday she asks to smell the baby's cereal and then she promptly gags.  I guess she doesn't want to miss the day that it suddenly smells good.

I love that she is clumsy like her mama.

I love that she is athletic (unlike her mama).

I love that she watches the same movie over and over again for a few weeks, then moves onto another one.  After the tenth or so viewing, she will walk around the house quoting lines.

I love her little faces and blank expressions.  One of her summer camp counselors said "oh, I know Taylor.  She's the one that sits and stares at you."  Yep, that's her.

I love that whomever she is playing with is her "best friend."  

I love that she likes to collect rocks while she is outside and then brings them inside and puts them in a bowl of water.  Did I mention she is quirky?

Avery loves it when Taylor sings her songs from preschool complete with the hand motions.  I'm not sure what Brady would say he loves about her.  They have a pretty typical big brother/little sister relationship.  Maybe he loves that she is always willing to do whatever he wants to do.

And maybe someday I will even love how she screams at animals, poops her pants and has to know what everyone will be wearing before she'll get dressed.  Someday, right?  Right?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that she is clumsy and athletic (what a combo) and that she sits and stares at you and that she needs to know what other people will be wearing. She is funny. We are excited to see her (and I guess the rest of you guys too.....I guess) in another month.

Happy Birthday Bubby ToyToy.

Jodi said...

That's too cute. Glad I'm not the only one screaming at my kids to get out the door for school!:)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

She sounds like a fun little girl - glad she had a happy birthday.