This is my good friend Krista. Her family moved here the same week we did. We became fast friends even though we are kind of different. She is quiet, I am loud. She is thoughtful, I just pretend to be. She doesn't watch TV, I am obsessed with pop culture. You get the idea. We have had a lot of fun with her family these past five years. I know they weren't easy for her. She had two babies here and her husband was deployed multiple times. Yet, she still found the time to teach me how to play Settlers and make lumpia, throw me a Twilight-themed baby shower and watch my kids whenever I asked. She is such a good friend. One time in a moment of self-deprecation I said, "I know that I can be annoying" and she replied, "you are not annoying, you are perfect." It was exactly what I needed to hear. It makes me cry just thinking about it. Well, the stupid Air Force made her move to New Jersey and she left yesterday. My family is heart-broken. Brady cries off and on because his best friend Ryan is gone and Taylor keeps asking when Jenna is going to move back. I would like to know that myself. I miss her already even though she calls me every few hours to update me on their drive. It just won't be the same here without them. Krista, I love you like a sister and admire you in so many ways. See you soon?
vintage
13 years ago
3 comments:
awww! i miss her too! thats adorable how brady cries on and off! ih i love you and your kids!
I miss both your families. It has been hard for me to find as good of friends as you guys in Monterey and Tucson.
Okay, now I am bawling. I've only been here for 5 hours and I'm homesick already. I don't know what I am going to do without you!!
Post a Comment