Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thinking pink

Today was my good friend Maggie's last day of chemotherapy for breast cancer. YAY! I can't even imagine what she has been through these past few months. I have to be honest...I am kind of sick of my friends getting cancer. First my bestie Shelby and now my pseudo-sister Maggie. And also my dear friend Vivian, who comes over at the drop of a hat to help clean for a house showing. I know it is NOT about me. But I wish they wouldn't have to get such a scary disease and then put poison in their bodies to get rid of the aforementioned scary disease. Not to mention the follow-up radiation and surgeries. I wish there was something more I could do besides take them doughnuts and say stupid things. I am not good with words. I am not a calming influence. I am not as thoughtful as I wish I could be. But I love these gals with all of my heart and I am so so proud of them. Shelby and Vivian are healthy and stronger than ever. And Maggie will be soon.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yeah, what's up with cancer these days? It's all over the place. Even my little 5 year old neighbor has been battling cancer since she was 1! I'm with you. It's hard to know what to do or say and how to help, but I'm sure your presence is a calming influence and a break from the pain.

Lisa said...

Hi Amy!
Of course I remember you! I found Gillian and Dave's blog a long time ago and so after you commented, I checked their family list and there you were. I just remember that you were always super fun and positive. Yes, too bad we're not neighbors:) Such a cute family and it will be fun to check in on (stalk) you!