Brady was chosen to be Santa Claus in the 2nd Grade musical this year. It was a big honor. It was the hot topic in our house from October (when he got the part) to December 15th (when he actually performed in said musical). Over Thanksgiving break, we met my sister Gillian's family in Branson, Missouri for a visit. We spent a good part of the weekend at Silver Dollar City which is the local theme park. If you ask, Taylor will tell you all about the Powderkeg, the "super fast" roller coaster. But, I digress. On our way out of the park on the last day we quickly stopped by Santa's barn. Brady told Santa that he was going to play him in the musical. Santa asked if he had a costume and Brady told him that we were working on it but that his mom is a procrastinator. OK, he really didn't say that, but we were all thinking it. Anywho, Santa told Brady that he was going to send him a beard and wig for him to use in his play. He told us to give our address to the kid behind the camera. So we played along, but deep down I really didn't think anything was going to happen. Well, a week later we got a box from "Santa Richard" from Branson, MO with a brand new wig and beard. Isn't that great? What a nice man. I guess that's why he is Santa.
PS-The play was cute. Brady was appropriately sad and jolly when he was supposed to be. The rest of his costume was purchased at target.com.
AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...
pictures of people playing with the wig and beard:
Taylor's looking sweet
Our "mom-sitter" Mae
3 comments:
That is really cute, what a good Santa. I don't think I have ever been that generous.
I love the wig on Avery, that should be her everyday hairstyle. How many one year-olds have beautiful flowing white locks?
This is Mae. I've been checking for thoose! I hope i can baby-sit again! I LOVE how Avery looks like she has hair. You should buy one and dye it so it looks like she has alot of hair. (if that works...use fake teeth next)
hahahaahahahahaahhaahh(ohh ive turned into my mother! only she says THAT many ha's) :-)
This is mae again! I im showing John theese of me and john is :-( because his pic isnt on there! hahaha he says he needs to show the world how cute he is!
Post a Comment