2000-Brock finishes up his first year at BYU law school. I am still working full-time for FranklinCovey. I start commuting from the Provo office to the SLC campus on the "fun bus." (don't ask). We decide to start our family. Miscarriage #1. Cima family reunion in New York City. Brock starts his second year of law school. Miscarriage #2. It was a rough year.
2001-We spend the summer in Escondido. Brock is a summer intern for a law firm, I figure out a way to talk FranklinCovey into letting me work from my parents den. Pregnancy #3 is a keeper! Brock starts his final year of law school. We find out we are having a boy. After the events of September 11th, Brock decides he wants to join the Air Force.
2002-Brady is born in January. Brock graduates in April. I quit my job in June. Brock takes the Utah Bar Exam in July. Cima family reunion to Chicago in August. Move in with my parents in Escondido in September. Brock passes the bar and we find out the Air Force is sending us to Rapid City, South Dakota. Brock leaves for Commissioned Officer Training in November. We're back together just in time for Christmas.
2003-We move to Rapid City in January and Brock begins his career as an Air Force JAG at Ellsworth Air Force Base. We spend February- April in Montgomery, Alabama for JAG training. We move into base housing in May and finally have a place to call home. Cima family visits in July. We spend Independence Day at Mount Rushmore. Baby #2 is on the way. Lough family reunion at Disneyland for Thanksgiving. No luck in finding out the baby's gender.
2004-Taylor is born in April. I start working at Gymboree, just for the discount. Brock turns 30 in June. We drive to California for Courtney's wedding in July. Lough family comes to South Dakota for Thanksgiving.
2005-We find out we are PCSing to Scott Air Force Base. We buy our first home. I turn 30 in May. We spend our last 4th of July at Mount Rushmore. We move to O'Fallon, Illinois at the end of July. I start working part-time for FranklinCovey from home. We make new friends and start enjoying all St Louis has to offer.
2006-Brock is sent to Sqaudron Officer School in Alabama for six weeks in February/March. We go to California for Liz's wedding in early May. Brock gets deployed to Iraq for the summer. I spend 7 weeks in Utah and California so I don't go crazy. Lough family reunion in Utah. Brock returns in October.
2007-10-year anniversary trip to Europe. Brock starts as Area Defense Council for the base. 4th of July at the St. Louis Arch. Brady starts kindergarten.
2008-The Lough family is together in February for sweet Zachary's funeral and again a week later for Rachel's wedding. We find out we are having baby#3. Brock is called into the bishopric of the Shiloh Ward. Much to Brady's dismay, we found out we are having another girl. Cima family reunion in San Francisco. I get laid off from FranklinCovey just in time for maternity leave. Brock separates from the Air Force in September. Avery is born in October. Brock is offered a job by Christmas.
2009-After 12 weeks of unemployment, Brock starts with Lexis-Nexis. Brock runs the Country Music half-marathon in April. Taylor starts kindergarten. Brock quits Lexis-Nexis and starts with Brown and Crouppen in St. Louis.
There have been some ups and downs, but I honestly wouldn't change anything. Looking back, I can see how extremely blessed we have been. I love my little family and look forward to another exciting decade with them. Happy 2010 everyone.
3 comments:
You have a fantastic memory. I tried doing this on my own blog, and couldn't remember anything past 2007.
Also, I love with all of my heart that I'm on your blog list. Made my day. And not just because of my extremely low self esteem or totally over inflated love of you.
I'm so glad you posted this - so much I didn't know.
Wow! You had one heck of a decade. Impressive. You all have had lots of ups and downs, but you keep such a great attitude! Here's to the next decade being a great one!!!
Post a Comment