Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Funny story and pics

Brock thought he found Avery's umbilical cord on the kitchen floor the other day.  I had bathed her in the kitchen sink earlier that day so it was entirely possible that it fell off and I didn't notice.  Upon further inspection, we realized it was just a raisin with icing on it from the cinnamon rolls my mom had made.  Yum!

Here are some updated pictures from the past week or so:
My hospital room.  It was a bit chaotic at times!
Coming home from the hospital.  What a pretty girl!  (The baby, not the mommy.)
She pretty much just sleeps all day... and parts of the night.

First unintentional smile

That's all for now.  Oh by the way, Avery's cord did finally fall off yesterday.  It is uncanny how much it looks like a raisin with icing on it.

9 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

Those are darling pictures! And i love the raisin/umbilical chord story :)

Jessica said...

The raisin with icing thing is kind of hilarious. Mmmm....cinnamon rolls....

She is so cute!

Unknown said...

She is such a cute little girl! The whole umbilical chord story ... ummm... I suddenly have no desire for cinnamon rolls. :)

Gillian said...

What? This sounds like the actual Amy Cima. Am I right?
Umbilical cord raisins are the best. I'd like to tell you that Dave didn't save them from all of kids and keep them in a little bag in his sock drawer, but.....
so gross, but at least we've never accidentally eaten them--the resemblance to a raisin is truly uncanny.

Betony said...

Amy, I didn't know you were expecting too! Why didn't Joel tell me?! What a cutie pie! Good to see you are all doing so well!

Gina said...

I love your pictures! Avery is such a pretty baby :)

jello said...

Yeah, Amy. Why didn't I tell Betony about you expecting? Hmmm, stupid ward splitting makes it hard to keep tabs on old friends. I haven't seen you since Hmmm... The Garden? If it weren't for blogs, how would we ever know? ha ha

Congratulations, Amy and Brock! The week that Avery was born I became an uncle twice already in my family. 3 babies in one week. What's goin' on up there in heaven? Are they playing chutes and ladders? It's rainin' babies woo hoo!

P.S. - you need a dog to pick up floor treats like raisins.

See y'all around sometime.

Treehouse News said...

Avery is adorable. I'm enjoying seeing pictures of your family. Yay, you're blogging. :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You look great!