Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weird, right?

Being pregnant makes you think of weird things. Some women have really vivid, scary dreams. Others want to eat dirt and laundry detergent. Even I sometimes think about weird things. Today I pondered that one time in college my roommates and I were eating dinner with some guys in our apartment when the doorbell rang. A large package had been delivered and we were way giddy. We were 18 year-old girls - a mystery package is pretty much numero uno on the squeal scale. We quickly opened it and yanked out all the tissue paper and then screamed some more - but not in a good way. The box contained the severed head of a deer. To make it worse, it was a gift from the guys who were eating with us at that very moment and they got to revel in all the loud noises and jumping and hands-shaking-right- by-our-faces. What I couldn't remember today, though, was what happened to that head? What did we do with it? Did we punish those boys? Who invented liquid soap and why? 

So much to ponder in this pregnant mind of mine.

7 comments:

♥Stef said...

"Amy"
Love the blog! Super fun to peek in on your fabulous life!
As we drove home last night from a b-day party we came upon a spotlighted carcass in the middle of I-15. It was a deer that the police were nicely lighting so no one would hit it, I assure you many already had. We passed 2 more carcai (I love that word I just made up) on the way home, then saw your blog with the deerson (deer/person) ....Thanks for topping of my deer themed night, and for the nightmare as I slept.
I can't believe you didn't follow BYU coed rule #1 "Never open a box that is delivered to your door while you are eating dinner with boys" I'll bet you never fell for that old trick again!
Take care "Amy" and good luck with #3!
Stef Richards

Treehouse News said...

I'm pretty sure the guys took the head home with them. They were pretty proud of it. I'm excited that you have a blog now, and am especially looking forward to seeing pictures of your baby. Good luck with the 15th.

a wynn wynn situation said...

That was SO disgusting! I'm with Chel- I bet they took it home and maybe even took it to a taxidermist so they could place it on the wall. Perhaps it's at the Bean Museum...

The Cannons said...

Amy,
Remember it was in popcorn! I think Jenna was so excited about recieving a package that she started eating some. John did take it home. I think there's rules about what you have to do with them. I'm so excited to keep in touch through your blog. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I wish you all the best. You look great and your kids are adorable. Good Luck!!

The Cannons said...

Amy,
Remember it was in popcorn! I think Jenna was so excited about recieving a package that she started eating some. John did take it home. I think there's rules about what you have to do with them. I'm so excited to keep in touch through your blog. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I wish you all the best. You look great and your kids are adorable. Good Luck!!

The Cannons said...

Amy,
Remember it was in popcorn! I think Jenna was so excited about recieving a package that she started eating some. John did take it home. I think there's rules about what you have to do with them. I'm so excited to keep in touch through your blog. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I wish you all the best. You look great and your kids are adorable. Good Luck!!

Gina said...

Oh man, that was so gross but it's an awesome college story to tell other people. If I still think it's hilarious that Jenna was eating the popcorn does that make me a bad person?

Aw well, we all have our flaws...

Good luck tomorrow!! Just think, tonight is the last uncomfortable pregnant night you will ever have. (unless you change your mind) Wahoo!