Monday, October 27, 2008

Grandma Kerrie

Font size

This is my mom.  She is the best.  I don't know what we would have done without her.  She came into town the day before Avery was born and helped Brock hold down the fort while I was in the hospital and recovering from my c-section.  She cooked us meals, did laundry and ironing, made treats and took care of my crazy kids.  She was a champ about the 5:30 am wake-up call (3:30 California time!) on the morning of Avery's birth because the kids were so excited to go to the hospital to meet their baby sister.  She had six kids so she always knows what to do and how to do it.  I've now had three and still don't know what the heck I am doing. She also made the baby a beautiful quilt (pictures to come).  I can't even sew a straight line, so I obviously didn't inherit any of her talents.  I miss her and love her more than she probably realizes.  Come back soon mom!


1 comment:

a wynn wynn situation said...

I love momma Kerrie! I have fond memories of her bringing me my wedding day breakfast of heart shaped waffles (we enjoy these waffles most weekends in the waffle iron she and steve gave us)
And baby Avery is Soooo darling!!