Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birthdays and snow days

Yesterday was Brady's 7th bithday.  That's right, it has been 7 years since my 9 lb 8 oz whopper made his debut.  Since then he consistently amazes me with his intelligence, humor and wit.  His first grade teacher said that he is the only one that laughs at her jokes.  And he can hold a pretty grown-up discussion full of sports trivia and Star Wars facts.  I love that kid.  The other day at Sonic he reminded me to tell the lady "no thank you" instead of just plain no.  And every time we get in the car he reminds me to put on my seat belt.  He is very conscientious.  He is always the rule follower--except when they are my rules, why is that?  He is very excited that he can now go into the "teen center" at the YMCA.  No more baby room for him...the world is his oyster.  

We had a great day.  Brady invited a few friends out for bouncing and pizza.  Of course, there are pictures.



The girl next to Brady is Emma, as in the girl from the Christmas cookies.

This is his reaction to the Legos Batman video game that we gave him.  I guess he's excited.

This is what Avery thought of the whole thing.

We also had two, count them two, snow days this week.  The second one was a beautiful day so we made our way to the Stroud's Sweet Sledding Slope.  

And finally, Avery went to her two month check-up at the ripe old age of three and a half months.  We're a little behind due to the temporary unemployment situation, but we'll catch up!  Anyway, she is 13 pounds (55th percentaile), 25 inches (95th percentile) and has a little teeny head (30th percentile).  She can hold her head up so well and is batting at toys, cooing and giggling and sleeping through the night.  Do they come any cuter than this?


6 comments:

shel7by said...

no, they don't. AND happy birthday brady. The world is your non-peanut m&m.

i loved your alliteration about our hill.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Brady! I can't believe he is already 7. It also sounds like Callan and Avery are pretty much the same size. Those are his measurements around that time!

Gillian said...

Happy birthday Brady!
You forgot to mention that Brady is a genuine genius---I love to hear Brady stories!
I need to meet Avery.

Amy Cima said...

Well of course he's a genius, but I didn't want to brag...

a wynn wynn situation said...

Happy Birthday Brady! He really is the sweetest kid. I love that he reminded you to say no thank you- how great is that? You've got some great kids Amy :)

Amy Tree said...

my baby also enjoys her bumbo, I think they could be friends...