Sunday, December 13, 2009

Zachary's 3rd birthday

Today is my nephew Zachary Ashton's 3rd birthday. Last year, at my sister's request we marked the day by sending our birthday wishes to heaven on balloons. We enjoyed the experience so much we are just going to make it a tradition. My kids were glad to write him a little note and it sparked a lot of questions about him, his short life, our thoughts on heaven and our desire and belief to see him there someday. Brady wanted to ask him if he has a balloon house since he gets so many balloons his way. And sweet Taylor just wanted to use her new writing skills to say happy birthday (on three separate notes).


Taylor's balloon with three cards doesn't float as fast.

We watched them until they were out of sight. We love you Zach! We hope you enjoyed our birthday cards!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

That is so sweet! Love that.

The Cannons said...

I still think of Gillian quite often and hope she is doing well. Every time I do, I give my kids an extra long hug.

Mary Peterson said...

I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog on someone elses. Your kids are beautiful! I love that idea with the baloons. How sweet!

You can check out our blog if you like: jmpeterson.blogspot.com

I not very good at keeping it up to date. :)